Friday, July 10, 2009

Queen of Entomology

Spider Lady of the Liverpool Albert Dock’s Bugworld Experience spins web of love for eight legged friends

Here's a lady after my own heart:

...Jenny’s hungry housemates include 40 tarantuas, a clutch of huntsman spiders, 20 scorpions, a colony of Madagascan hissing cockroaches, assorted giant millipedes and six hermit crabs....“I’m the spider lady,” jokes Jenny, 26. “I haven’t been away since going on a family holiday with my family because I couldn’t ask anyone to come in and feed them. But I don’t mind. They’re my life...”

I'm in love! Jenny manages the living exhibits at "Bugworld Experience". How cool is that! She even gets to take home some of her charges, ones that need special care, when exhibits are being worked on:

...But she and her fiance – who plan to marry at Chester Zoo – chose their home with their menagerie in mind...

FIANCE! Damn, why are all the good ones taken?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could handle all of them except for the cockroaches--if those things escaped, it's every bug for himself!